Thursday, January 17, 2013

MY Scrapbook

Almost forty...yep!  Two years to go and I fully expect age 39 and 40 to be tough for me.  Living in Fulton County...yep!  Not exactly the most hip and happening place in the world.  Trying to make the best of both the age thing and the location thing.  This is why the title made such sense to me.  I have been blogging about my love, dogs, for about seven months now and I have discovered I love to blog!  I don't expect anyone to want to read what I write, but I enjoy it whether 1000 people read it or if my eyes are the only ones to ever see it.  I have decided it's my version of scrapbooking.  I have always loved looking at my crafty friends' scrapbooks, but any attempt of my own to start one was ridiculously frustrating.  It just came down to the fact that I hated cutting, folding, stamping, gluing (and every other damn thing people did to that paper)...all for the presentation of ONE FREAKIN PHOTO!!!  I just don't get it, it's not my thing.  Beautiful, yes, but not for me.  Blogging is though!  I love the thought that this will be like a regular journal for me that I can look back on and enjoy the memories as time goes by.  Yes, blogging is much more public than scrapbooking, but I am not an overly private person.  Of course I keep some things private, but if you know me well, I am pretty much an open book.  So, in a nutshell, this will be my place to share my thoughts, happenings, friends and life!  My dogs are sure to appear...they  make up a huge part of my life, but I will try to keep most of their stuff to my other blog.  Can't wait to get this rolling and make some fun memories!

PS...Weird..even though I share photos on Facebook without a problem, I am finding it difficult to choose one to start here.  Ugh, anxiety.  I will stick with this.


3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, I look forward to reading about your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about blogging. It is fun and a neat way to record the events in your life that you want to share. I do have a semi neglected second blog about my attempts to find balance. I am working on it more. We won't talk about how neglected my work blog is!

    Looking forward to your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woof! Woof! LOVE the quote on the photo. We enjoy reading different kinds of blog ... especially the ones that are written for fun and love.
    Looking forward on knowing and seeing more about your area/place. Share some of your beautiful moments on our See Beautiful Blog Hop (Every 2nd Friday of the month). Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete