Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stopping The Madness

This post is more of a vow of sorts.  It's a vow I am making for a healthier lifestyle.  I plan to set small goals over the next year to make my 38th year my 365 days of progress. Then next year I can celebrate turning 39 able to say I am a healthier me... mind, body and soul.  If I learned anything when I left my twenties and turned 30, it was that 30 was not the only hurdle, to my surprise.  I found 29 to be equally upsetting, if not worse than the actual big 3-0.  I was mourning for the last year of being in my twenties.  I was a miserable beast and do want a repeat performance next year, or I may lose all my friends!  So, this is why I am preparing this year for next.  I want to look 39 in the face and honestly be able to say I am in a better place than I was when I turned 38, so there is nothing to whine about.  Just carry on.  I know, I know, it's much easier to say than actually do.  That's where this blog post comes in.  I figure it's one more thing to help keep me accountable.  Jamie is coming along for this ride too, but he has had a jump start.  He got committed a while back, but still feels he has work to do.  So off we go!  Stay tuned...

The First Goal
Lose 10 pounds by March 15 
Start Oprah's 21 Day Meditation Challenge

The Plan
Weight Watchers (when done accurately, the best plan around)
30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week
Incorporate more veggies (not potatoes) into my diet
Limit red meats





5 comments:

  1. Great post, I need to set better goals for myself, I am going to take a few of your ideas with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. Those seem to be very reasonable and very doable goals! Mom didn't have issues until she turned 40 cuz she said it started with "F" instead of "TH". Mom is in better shape at 56 than she was at 30 or 40!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Online Doods

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smalls steps forward and soon you will be in a better place. Good luck and we wish you well. Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found turning 30 fine, but that 40 is scaring me. I don't know why.

    Good luck with your challenge. it looks like you have broken it down to manageable steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rock it out, girlfriend! Those 10 pounds are gonna melt like butter by March 15th. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete